Wednesday, June 10, 2009

At sea day




6/9/2009
Today was an at sea day. We were really lazy. Slept late and ate breakfast. Then we went back to the stateroom and read our books and took a nap. I told you we were lazy. The ship has a library so we have checked out books. There is plenty of time to read while on this cruise. We layed out by the pool, and read. I went to the golf chipping event and it was very simple. Had to chip a whiffle ball into a 15 foot diameter pool 15 feet away. The wind had much to do with aiming and distance. I got all three of mine in, while many could not get over the edge of the pool. I later went to a tapas making class, while Dawndra read her book (or slept). I really like the classes learning about food. She made 4 simple dishes that I want to make once back on the main land. I was able to take a bowl of one of the dips back to the room and share with Dawndra, and drink wine with it. The ship had prom night but we missed it because dinner took longer than expected. We sat next to new people and enjoyed their company.

Tomorrow, Cadiz Spain

C&D

3 comments:

  1. "once back on the main land" I guess this is some cruise ship lingo to use?

    I would trade my day here for a lazy day on a cruise ship most any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a hammock for the backyard and with the Houston heat and humidity, its almost like being on deck of a cruise ship if I close my eyes and ignore the sound of the A/C unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to enjoying the tapas you learned how to make - yum! And whatever else you're learning to cook . . . unless you learned how to cook the little fish at the restaurant. I have to say no to that.

    ReplyDelete

Followers